How To Prepare For A Shoot
- Drink lots of water
- Moisturise, moisturise, moisturise! Face and Body
- Fried and salty foods can cause bloating and water retention so less Golden Arches and more veggies!
- Sunburn and strap marks can cause issues so avoid sun exposure a few days before the shoot
- Fake tan is unnecessary as an even all over tan can be added in post-production – if you really want to apply it, do it 3-4 days before the shoot so it doesn’t stain your hands
- If you need to wax/shave/pluck/shape anything on your face or body do it 3-4 days prior to your photo shoot just in case you have a skin reaction.
- The night before brush your lips with your toothbrush to help get rid of any dead skin
Get plenty of sleep!
Your hands may end up in some of the shots, so get or do yourself a manicure for your nails. Choose a neutral, skin tone polish, or a clear coat, so as not to distract from the clothes. If the stylist/photographer thinks
What to Wear to the Shoot
Loose comfy clothes! Not only do you want to be able to relax when you’re having your hair and make-up done but when it comes to putting on the clothes you’re wearing for the shoot we want to reduce the risk of pressure marks from tight clothing that might take a while to go.
Above all, Enjoy yourself!
Although you will be working hard during your shoot I will try my best to make it a fun and enjoyable experience. It is a team effort so please say if you want to try something or I can do anything to make the shoot better for you and our client.